Jotul 12 Firelight CB?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Idomeneus

Sep 15, 2011
Upstate NY
For sale by me. New gaskets and and comes with two extra glass panes. 17 years old. They are asking $275. Wondering what I should look for when seeing it. Is this better than a VC of comparable size? Thanks

Attachments

• JotulFirelight.jpg
    JotulFirelight.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 675
So it's a non-catalytic stove, right? Like I don't see the foot pedal, so that makes it an F-600 which is not a bad stove BUT: Probably need to reseal the front and regasket the top and griddle as these are problem areas for this stove. Assuming you've checked also for cracks in the bottom and that the secondary manifold and tubes are good, also baffle plates are not warped?

Looks like a FL12 CB, no side door handle. It had a recessed bolt in the side door like the front doors latch bolt. The stove tool operates both. If the stove's body is in good condition, well worth the 275. Baffles and a secondary burn system would cost about 500 if needed. If the baseplate is indeed cracked, I'd pass, that would set you back about 300, plus having to break it down and rebuild/reseal. Better than VC? Hard to tell, if a comparable VC is in good shape, both would heat about the same I'd say. My first choice though would be the non catalytic Firelight. That is a good price, I'm wondering why its that low...