jotul 602C help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jotul602C

Feb 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Hello there fellow wood stove enthusiasts. I am a newby here and would really appreciate some help on a stove I just purchased. It's an old model Jotul 602C. I'm wondering if anyone has a manual to this, because I'm trying to find out whether it is certified in any way (UL/ULC/EPA, etc). I'm also curious as to what parts I'm missing, if any. I believe there should be separate plates lining the top, bottom, back and two sides. Is this assumption correct? Where would I find replacement parts for this stove? Or can I simply fashion something myself? I'd love to hear what you have to say in general, so don't be shy! Thanks so much guys!

If it was me.. I would try Jotul. They have been in buisness for ever.. They do have old manuals on their web site, but this model, or some version of it, has been in production for generations, ask them.

Check this out:

Jotul 602 Wood Stove was available in three different models. The 602 model were manufactured in 1972-1987. The first 602 was the non-UL stove, the handle on the stove was wooden. Other parts on the stove were also different for this model. The other two models were the 602B and the 602C, these models were UL. The handle on this stove was ceramic. Parts on these two stove are different then the ones found on the non-UL model.

602B UL Stove Information: Dimensions:
Height to lower edge of smoke outlet: 19.3"
Smoke outlet diameter: 4.93" (stove provided with increaser to 6")
Required flue pipe and chimney diameter: 6"
Height: 25.2"
Length: 21.8"
Width: 12.8"
Firebox lining: cast iron
Log length: 16"
Heating capacity: 2,500 - 5,000 ft.
Weight: 152 lbs.
Check this link and simply select make and model to see info and parts view:
http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/68/catalogs/Wood-and-Coal-Stoves-Manufacturers-Cross-Reference.html

Good luck and burn on!

Status
Not open for further replies.