Jotul 602N side plates questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Flatlander02138

Nov 16, 2017
New Hampster
I inherited a 602N but the side plates are bowed inward and cracked. I can feel the insulation behind them. The top plate seems good and the exterior is intact and has a nice black enamel. I'm running a stove that isn't airtight currently and it's costly.

Question 1:
If I order new plates I nervous because they seem a different shape than the large rectangular broken ones in place. Will the new plates fit and or hang from hooks? They seem like two different shapes.

Questions 2:
If I pay someone to do it for me about how much should I expect? My cost for side plates is about $105each.

Question 3:
If I sell it as is on craigslist for someone handy to fix up, how much is a fair price.

Thanks in advance.