Jotul F 400 Castine install help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The kit comes with adjustable flashing 0/12-6/12 pitch roof. I'd build a frame to support the box entering from house to attic.

I thought I can build a frame to support the box that penetrates the ceiling. and has adjustable flashing 0/12-6/12 for roof pitch for the exit

@begreen can you translate it to English? Durock I understand "layer of micore and then some layer of Durock NexGen on it to build up to R=2.0." Sorry for being lazy...
I recently acquired a used castindbl door as well. The bottom heatshield is $70 bucks which reduces r vale requirements.

ordered it. I think I'm all set for parts just need them to arrive.
Now wondering if I can buy a wall vent for the outside air kit from big stores? I'm sure there are material preferences.
Also not sure what is the diameter of the kit piping yet.