Jotul F100 Door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BillH1946

Oct 23, 2017
Stroud UK
My F100 has a seized door handle shaft, I can just about move it enough to open the door and hold the door shut.
I have a new handle shaft but do not wish to attempt to replace in situ.
How do I remove the door to allow me to get in my workshop to remove the seized handle shaft?

Never done it but I just took a look. The only way I can see it being done is to take the top off and then tap the top hinge pin out. If you drop the baffle you can get access to the bolts holding the top on. The interesting question is how to get that one-way roll pin out of the door handle to get the shaft out.

You are correct brother Bart. The handle needs to be cut off because of the one way roll pin.

Have you tried a penetrating oil bath into the shaft hole and working it back and forth with a pair of vicegrips latched on the inside latch end of the shaft to free that shaft up?

Hey guys- yeah never took an f100 door off- I know it doesn't lift off simply like most others- hey jotulguy does it have an upper pin on a spring tension to hold it or does the top have to be removed? That seems inconvenient. I was going to report to cut through the shaft with a saws all and replace the handle with a kit, done that many times. Have used penetrating lubricant to get handles moving again too- sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Hey guys- yeah never took an f100 door off- I know it doesn't lift off simply like most others- hey jotulguy does it have an upper pin on a spring tension to hold it or does the top have to be removed? That seems inconvenient. I was going to report to cut through the shaft with a saws all and replace the handle with a kit, done that many times. Have used penetrating lubricant to get handles moving again too- sometimes it works, sometimes not.

The door is simply held in by hinge pins. Once the top is off you have the necessary clearance to lift the door off.

Reactions: stovelark