Jotul F118 Black Bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JMay

Oct 5, 2019
Notinmyhouse666
Hi all,

First post here. I was just given a used Jotul F118 Black Bear and I'm fixing it up to install for the season. Reading through the forums has been a huge help. I do have one question though that I can't seem to find an answer to... Many posts say that the stove lid lifts right off for easy cleaning. As I have to replace the top baffle, I've been working on it and mine seems to be clinging on for dear life. Are there any caps that are bolted down? Something that I'm missing? Thanks for any advice.

Julia

The F-118 has a bolted down top. The old 118 just lifted off, I’ve never rebuilt a F-118 though, so I’m not sure where the bolts are located.