Jotul F500 Ash Pan Door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
There is no adjustment. I would replace the gasket and you should get a tighter fit. Then don't open it, shovel the ashes out.

Reactions: moresnow
There is no adjustment. I would replace the gasket and you should get a tighter fit. Then don't open it, shovel the ashes out.
I already installed a new gasket. Don't appreciate your answer. In fact people with sarcasm are a no go in my life. Got help on this somewhere else!

I already installed a new gasket. Don't appreciate your answer. In fact people with sarcasm are a no go in my life. Got help on this somewhere else!
I am sorry if that offended you. I really don't think that was his intent at all. But honestly that's exactly what most of my customers do. Just let it fill up with ash it really does burn better that way.

A big leak in the ash pan can cause the bottom plate to crack and requires a complete rebuild. If it’s been leaking check the bottom plate for cracks.
There is no adjustment but there is a spring in that handle I believe. The nut bottoms out and preloads the spring. The locking tab can be removed from the flatted threaded handle and could be modified but that comes with some risk and difficulty I probably would only attempt if I had a spare on hand. Some have had hinge alignment issues and that’s not a simple fix as I believe the whole ashpan must be removed

Please don't take it wrong, this was helpful advice. Our F400 ran much better by letting the ash pan fill up with ash and never touching it again. I shoveled out the ash instead.

I already installed a new gasket. Don't appreciate your answer. In fact people with sarcasm are a no go in my life. Got help on this somewhere e
Chill out man, My answer was straight to the point. What part seemed like sarcasm to you? Your way out of line pal

Did you put the correct gasket on the ash door? What size did you use?