Jotul F500 eco radiant / convective

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Prometeo

Minister of Fire
Jan 7, 2022
IT
Hi,
do you like this airmate on jotul 500?
Should help in heat diffusion ?

IMG_20230228_154251.jpg

If there is a blower feeding it to blow air across the top of the stove then it will improve heat convection in the room.

Reactions: Prometeo
Thank you, effectively, currently without fans, I see the flow with a lighter, from back to front ("the airmate" is "a little higher forward, to create flow in this direction") but it's a really weak movement, need blower to work this

Yes, it's called a convection lid and it needs a blower behind it to be most effective.

Reactions: Prometeo
Anyway, after several tests, without blower, airmate only, I can say I detect higher temperatures away from the stove, jacketed stoves therefore should work better