Jotul f500 with crack found on craigslist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: webby3650
... to take the time and small parts like cement and gaskets to put it back togeather, just to save say $400 does not seem worth it!!

If you have $400 you don't need, please make check payable to Joful, Philadelphia. I also accept cash.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Hi guys- looking at exploded diagram that Brother Bart kindly provided- and if the stove is painted black (which in the pix it looks to be) and the rear plate is all it needs ??? Then the painted black (mb matte black) price is about 450.00 (The 977 price was for BLM Blue Majolica enamel... very expensive colour) If that's the case, and the rest of the stove body is ok (I noticed the new stove appearance the tag in the front of the door, no handle attached to the side loading door, it does appear to be new.) This stove needs a good going over, I'd be suspicious about the top plate and the base too, if the back got shocked good. Might not be too bad, if the front door glass survived the fall. The right person, time and parts, still a new Oslo, about 2500 retail. Good luck.

Reactions: begreen and Ashful
Not that I have $400 to toss bit I have to work to save that.and most forget time. I do and don't as I do everything. But the point is if its not worth doing it no one will buy it. But now that the part is $500 I'd deddinitly go for it. And that is a new srove I saw clean glass and tog to.

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.