Jotul f600 Firelight Firebox Size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jugarf

Nov 11, 2009
Southern NY
I have the Jotul catalog and have looked through it and cannot find the actual size of the firebox. Does anyone know the size in cu. ft?

jugarf said:
I have the Jotul catalog and have looked through it and cannot find the actual size of the firebox. Does anyone know the size in cu. ft?
Jotul does not quote firebox sizes. At first I found this irritating, as I wanted to compare fireboxes as well. So, I started measuring them myself in the showrooms. Funny thing is that I found that the numbers quoted by different manufacturers didn't really agree well with my own measurements anyway. So, I decided to just use my own numbers for comparisons.

F600 = ~ 3 cu ft
F500 = ~ 2 cu ft
F400 = ~ 1.5 cu ft
F3CB = ~ 1 cu ft

Status
Not open for further replies.