Jotul rangeley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood burner 7

Sep 19, 2015
Ohio
Just bought jotul rangeley and going to install it in basement . I have block walls and going to lay brick over block behind stove how close can I put stove to
Brick?

The clearance requirement to the nearest combustible. If there is nothing combustible behind the stove then it can go right up to the brick, though I would leave some wiggle room for service, especially if it has a blower.

Is this an unfinished basement?

Yeah there is only 6" of clearance between the corner of my stove in my unfinished basement and the block wall. No worries. Usually the problem with stoves in basements with 8 foot ceilings is clearance between the pipe and the ceiling/joists depending on how high up the thimble is located in the wall.

We have a f55. Love it. We have an alcove install and it's surprising even at peak burn how cool our stone stays behind and to the sides of the stove. Of course we have a 1" air gap and met or exceeded all req.
you should have no worries. When in doubt err on the side of caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.