Just can't help myself!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few pics. Got most of it cut up. Had a little fun with a crotch piece lol.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: chazcarr
White Oak holds up a long time; You may well be able to pass that down as a family heirloom. ;lol
Yeah, you're always gonna end up with a few gnarlies. I just been chunking 'em up and stacking with the rest. Sometimes I'll noodle a few to get some squarer pieces that stack better. As long as they fit in the door, they'll get burned.

Just a guess, hard to tell from pics but I'm gonna say a little under, maybe 2/3-3/4. Let us know what it stacks out to.

It's all split. Now comes the moving and stacking part. Found several more nails and staples while spitting claydogg.
Love to smell a white oak. Think I'll pour me a toddy after this one!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Found the culprit splitting thank God. It was 3 nails(I probably nailed them in as a kid lol)
View attachment 159367
Yeah I'd hate to cut any trees in the yards I grew up in or any of my buddies yards for that matter. We nailed, screwed, and bolted all kinds of things to those trees. I cringe every time I start cutting on a yard tree, haven't hit or found anything yet thankfully!

Yeah I'd hate to cut any trees in the yards I grew up in or any of my buddies yards for that matter. We nailed, screwed, and bolted all kinds of things to those trees. I cringe every time I start cutting on a yard tree, haven't hit or found anything yet thankfully!

I luckily didn't hit anything either. I suspected I might since I knew we nailed stuff in these trees as kids playing in the backyard

image.jpg Think it's gonna come in pretty close to a cord once it's all stacked. I stacked about 1/4 of it today before dark

Got about half of it stacked now. In a few years it'll make for some good heat. Looks like about a cord
image.jpg
It sure heat me up once or twice already! I'll find a spot for the rest soon
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody Stover

Looks like you went up to the nc30 sconnie?

Status
Not open for further replies.