Just got my Okanagan's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

handymanCT

Nov 18, 2011
Southern CT
So I had the guys from PremoPellet just deliver me a skid of Okanagan's. Nice guys, drove them off the truck with his case forklift and right into my garage. He told me that a lot of folks won't burn softwood pellets. Hardwood only they tell him, so his number one selling pellet is HotOne's. Imagine that. Says he's having a hard time getting them, ask's for 3 trailer loads and says he can get one. But he says he still has them coming in. I may give them a try next.

What did you pay for the Okanagans? If you don't mind me asking.

ohh sorry i don't mind -- they are a bit pricey this time of year $399 for the skid and $50 delivery charge. I should have bought them sooner, but i only got the stove last monday! Next year I have all summer to stock pile them!

handymanCT said:
ohh sorry i don't mind -- they are a bit pricey this time of year $399 for the skid and $50 delivery charge. I should have bought them sooner, but i only got the stove last monday! Next year I have all summer to stock pile them!

Was that a ton and a half ay that price?

IHATEPROPANE said:
handymanCT said:

Was that a ton and a half ay that price?

I'd hope so.... Here in central Maine I can get them for $305/ton or $396/pallet if I really wanted them.

Why is it that some people won't burn softwood? I've got a ton of Vermonts and I think they're great.

I'll be needing another ton and can get Barefoots @ $289 (5 minute drive) or Vermonts @ $265 (25 minute drive).

I bought from Primo last year with a neighbor -- nice people and delivered to both of us without charging additional delivery. They brought the pellets off with a forklift and slid right into the wherever we wanted them in our garage -- so no effort required to move them. Their web site says $277 a ton for Okanagons. I split a pallet with a neighbor (he kept two additional pallets) and am saving them for when it gets cold :).

Status
Not open for further replies.