Just got off the Phone big SCORE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They left tops that started at 50" I can tell you the part I do believe, On flat ground, last time I drove through Kansas it was all flat, and the biggest tree I saw was, wait a minute that was corn. Never mind I didn't see any trees except a few yard trees. I was probably in the wrong part.

Good Find and happy burning

What we call tops are what loggers have no use for.

On flat ground, last time I drove through Kansas it was all flat,

What did it look like when you drove through Kansas, Illinois where the OP lives?

Pack that sucker tight! Its roughly 1 hr one way to where I do most of my cutting.Sometimes when cutting smaller (3"-9") rounds off parents land I'll leave them 3'-6' long,stack them in pickup bed parallel with truck between the wheelwells all the way to the top (it has a topper that I wont remove even though it took some getting used to the first year or so). Then bring them home & cut them up in an hour or so when I get to it later.Most of the time I fill up sawbuck & cut them to length at their place,but if I'm short on time to work in the woods they get bucked here later.Never figured out which was faster,think its pretty much a tie.
I do this same thing when cutting small stuff. I load either the truck this way and or the trailer, 4x8 that I pull with me.

big trees

Lincoln Logs Trees so big loggers throw away anything under 4'

Status
Not open for further replies.