Just saying hi!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjhof0306

Aug 1, 2008
Southwest NH
Thought I'd stop by and say 'hi!'. I've been lurking, reading a learning a lot from everyone here. I decided in June that we needed to do something to help offset the cost of heating here in Southwest New Hampshire, so we're going to burn wood this winter. I have a Napoleon 1400 being installed in a couple weeks. We bought it from Zoobler.com and got a heck of a deal. In the local stove shop, it's listed at just under $1400. I paid $850 for the same stove with free shipping. I was originally going to go with the Englander NC30, but the local Home Depot is out and isn't sure when they'll get more. With the free shipping, we paid less for the Napoleon than we would have for the Englander, so I'm just as happy. I'm busily working on stacking the first 3 cords of wood we had delivered last week. We have another 3 coming in September. I grew up with wood stoves, and we had an old combination wood/coal/oil furnace for our drafty old barn of a house up in Vermont. I've never used one of these new-fangled stoves, though, so it will be a learning experience!

I'll post pictures as soon as we're set up.

Now, if it would just stop raining so I can get my wood in...!

:)

Welcome aboard. Hope your delivered wood is seasoned? It's getting a little late in the year to dry wood for this winter.

Welcome Johnny. That is one heck of a deal! Hope the stove comes with the door and pedestal %-P

If you can, take some pictures of the installation and post them. Sounds like you are going to be cozy this winter. Enjoy the warmth!

Sounds like one heck of a good deal on a nice stove, Johnny. Keep us posted on the installation, and get that wood ready! Welcome to the forum. Rick

hi johnny and welcome , bummer the depot didnt have one of my units , but the one you selected is a fine stove as well. anyway , just thinking about getting one of our 30's means you wanted one , so that means i'll certainly not hold it against you , feel free to ask any questions that i might be able to help you with should they come up. by the way , take a peek at the video glowball posted , its worth looking at even if you are a seasoned woodburner, there are some great tips in it.

thanks for the welcome, and I'll look at the video first chance i get.

This first load of wood is semi-seasoned, so it's going in the back. The second load will be ready for this year, so that will be up first. I'll order next years wood much earlier.

The NC30 was my first choice, and I would have bought one if it was available. After reading a bit more, I was actually getting concerned that the stove would be too big for our house. We have about 1400 sf +/-, but it's not terribly well insulated. So, I think the Napoleon will be a good fit for us.

By the way, we got the legs, but the door was on back order. They said they'd ship it this week..... We'll definitely need to keep tabs on that!

Back to the wood pile....

Welcome Johnny. Being an old wood burner, you will appreciate the newer stoves. They are much more efficient. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.