King 5500m pellet stove room range constantly blinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Farmlady79

Oct 26, 2020
Maine
Okay so like the title says the heat range constantly blinks when running, we hooked up this up late summer. I’ve read the manual and it say
“Flashing Heat Range Setting Indicator: this indicators that the stove is in a cut back condition in an attempt to prevent an over temperature shutdown.”

okay...that’s get an all but why....?
I need suggestions of why that is.

I don’t want it in cut back mode, I need all the heat I can get up here in maine during the winter time.

Last edited:
Is stove new?
Not new, we’re it’s second owner.
i cleaned before installing and vacuumed everything (even removed the two slots) removed the the room fan, cleaned that all out. Bought and installed a new igniter, bought and installed a new temperature sensor. Still blinking....

heat range constantly blinks

What is blinking the red light above the heat range button or the dash between the Hr - number. If the dash then I would guess the jumper for the external thermostat is missing or external thermostat is hooked up wrong.

Attachments

• 5nlzj4.jpg
    5nlzj4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 468
What is blinking the red light above the heat range button or the dash between the Hr - number. If the dash then I would guess the jumper for the external thermostat is missing or external thermostat is hooked up wrong.
The heat range number itself is blinking. The dash stops blinking about 10 minutes after startup

The heat range number itself is blinking. The dash stops blinking about 10 minutes after startup

Is this at all Heat range settings or only the highest one. If you set it on heat range 1 or 2 does it still do it?

Have you tried factory resetting the control board?

Factory Defaults: To return the control to its original factory default settings, Press and hold the
AUX UP and AUX DOWN buttons together for three seconds.

Reactions: Farmlady79
I'm with ARC,I doubt the number blinking is indicating a stove problem,that is not what blinks for problems.Sounds more like display has a problem.Would try resetting the controller,like he said.Also,lots have said resetting it once sometimes does not work,reset it 3 times in a row.

Reactions: Farmlady79 and ARC
Is this at all Heat range settings or only the highest one. If you set it on heat range 1 or 2 does it still do it?

Have you tried factory resetting the control board?

Factory Defaults: To return the control to its original factory default settings, Press and hold the
AUX UP and AUX DOWN buttons together for three seconds.
I’ve notice today that is I up the room range both the dash and number stay blinking unlike on room range one with just the one blinking. I’ll try resetting the control board and see where that gets me. Thank you