KT302 Blaze King New guy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heres a few more pictures

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 324
Hey Ray,
I think it looks like you did a real nice job! Are all your clearence ok from combustables. Can you have a stove expert come over and give it his blessing just to make sure everything is cool for safety reasons.
Do you have a co detector in the house with some smoke detectors? That the first thing the inspedtor asked me when he was checking the PI out. He also asked about my 6 inch stainless steel liner. Its gonna work great. Jim

Lanning said:
Hey Ray,
I think it looks like you did a real nice job! Are all your clearence ok from combustables. Can you have a stove expert come over and give it his blessing just to make sure everything is cool for safety reasons.
Do you have a co detector in the house with some smoke detectors? That the first thing the inspedtor asked me when he was checking the PI out. He also asked about my 6 inch stainless steel liner. Its gonna work great. Jim

ya all my clearances to combustables are beyond the minimum requirements, and i have several smoke detectors and a co detector also, i will talk to some of the local guys i know with stoves and see if they will give it a closer inspection, i cant wait to start burning the stove inside.. still gotta get a slip conector and firebricks too, then maybe i will drillstop the cracks in stove and weld them up.

Thanks for checking it out for me lanning!

Ray

it seems every piece of this insulated chimeny by simpson duratech i have has that little gap. so i think it must be standard.. watch th e video i took, it looks allot smaller in that then it does in the still picture.

Ray

it rained allot and i observed no roof leak! yea!! so tonight im having my first blazeking burn, its 33 outside, so im just having a small selfstarting log and real log fire.. gives off nice heat and the flue is only 250 deg so far..

Ray

I don't think you'll find that the sealer you used will ever get hard....its an asphalt based sealer and its not supposed to harden. They don't call it "Black Death" for nothing. Most all of the black roofing patch material is the same.

Good luck with the stove.

heres some pics of it installed.. and my first fire indoors.. man that thing is nice.. i even made the trim ring on ceiling outa diamond plate, and the inserts too outa diamond plate on the front of the blaze king..

Ray

Attachments

• firstfireinside 001.jpg
    firstfireinside 001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 310
  • firstfireinsidediamond 001.jpg
    firstfireinsidediamond 001.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 333
well checked my buildup and it doesnt seem like much at all! its very thin and powdery too i touch it and it dusts off.. looks like once every 2 months checking is safe.

Ray

Attachments

• chimneydec142009 012.jpg
    chimneydec142009 012.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 249
  • chimneydec142009 015.jpg
    chimneydec142009 015.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 257
  • chimneydec142009 016.jpg
    chimneydec142009 016.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 256
Looks lke your burning hot and clean, keep doing what your doing.

Todd said:
Looks lke your burning hot and clean, keep doing what your doing.

thanks for the reassurance todd!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.