Land of eternal winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I'll take the snow any day before all that mess. We had a similar situation here about 20 years ago and it is awful. Never thought I'd see that much water this far inland.

Grrr. Today set the Seattle record for the coldest May 5th. Had the fire going all day. Woke up to 40 degrees this morning. Around noon the temps plunged 6 degrees until it was 44 by 2pm, still is. Running some carpentry scraps to keep the coals going during the day and a big knotty log for the night. Me and my garden are not happy.

Wow BG, any sign of it breaking? The CPC seems to have it wrong up in the PNW, they have been calling for above-average temps up there all month.

What can I say? NOAAs models are not going according to plan. It is "supposed" to warm up during the day in the next few days, but the nighttime temps are still low 40's. 43 now, fire is going again today.

And now we have your weather moving in on us. From the frying pan to the refrigerator... But, we haven't yet cleaned the stove. My wife asked me about it a few days ago and I told her no because we'd still be heating this month. I guess we didn't have long to wait either. This weekend those folks who planted the tender crops already might be wishing they hadn't. I saw one farmer planting beans already. Too early for beans here. Too early for tomatoes too.

This Sunday and Monday we are expecting highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 30s. Weird.

As long as it isn't as wet as last spring, I am quite happy with cooler than usual temperatures.

Forecasting some snow here Friday night and low temps below freezing. Looks like I'll be burning all weekend.

BrowningBAR said:
This Sunday and Monday we are expecting highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 30s. Weird.

As long as it isn't as wet as last spring, I am quite happy with cooler than usual temperatures.

after what happened here in new england last year, i agree. last year the wood never dried, and the grass had to get cut while it was wet. sounded like a hand full of marbles under the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.