Large Oak I need help felling - pics inside

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut the bottom, and GET OUT DA WAY!!

;)

Reactions: TimJ and charly
I wouldn't attempt that tree myself. It looks too close to vertical, much too close to valuable stuff, and likely to get hung up on other trees. If it were in the middle of a field, I'd have a go at it, but not in a tight backyard. I'd leave it where it is.

Wish I was closer, we would fell that tree and at the same time, gain your confidence ... Good hinge wood keeps a tree on track... If you do get someone local, hopefully they can take the time to show you all the correct details involved in taking the tree down in a safe and confident manner...

Wish I was closer, we would fell that tree and at the same time, gain your confidence ... Good hinge wood keeps a tree on track...

me too!
I've decided to leave as is for the time being. I'll reevaluate the situation in a couple weeks when the leaves are gone and i can get a better look at the neighboring trees which it probably will fall into.

Reactions: charly
Dude, CUT THE BOTTOM and GET OUT DA WAY!!!

;)

I like to let the tree dictate which way it wants to fall. I also do not cut trees close to buildings or pools for that matter.
I agree with those who suggested hiring it done. If you tried to drop it yourself it could end up more expensive or worse, especially if you haven't cut many trees down.

Status
Not open for further replies.