Largest tree you've ever seen....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a group of three 550 year old oaks nearby called the Three Sisters. They're pretty cool. We got permission from our neighbors to walk in their large woods, and there's a monster tree back there to rival a sister, and (I think) there's the oldest sycamore tree in Montgomery Co. It's fallen over and split and hollow but still living, and I think there's a cookie factory in there. If I ever go for another walk, I'll try to get some pics.

I took that walk today in our adjoining woods. I have permission to walk back there. Got some shots of a few massive oaks, and the oldest sycamore in Greene County (so I've read). The walk was a blast. Only took one dog for my own safety! ;-) The rockets get lit when they scent a deer.
IMG_5317.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5308.jpg
    IMG_5308.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5312.jpg
    IMG_5312.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5315.jpg
    IMG_5315.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5316.jpg