Leaf Blower Chimney Clean Out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanDean777

Jan 6, 2011
Western Colorado
So I tried the leaf blower clean out method. I have to say it worked awesome! Not sure if my neighbor thinks it was as great as I did, but then again I don't really care. My leaf blower fit the pipe like it was made for it. I think I will do this once a month from hear on.

Glad to hear it works so well. Make sure you do it AFTER you do the complete stove cleaning.....it's like the "final touch". ;-)

AlanDean777 said:
So I tried the leaf blower clean out method. I have to say it worked awesome! Not sure if my neighbor thinks it was as great as I did, but then again I don't really care. My leaf blower fit the pipe like it was made for it. I think I will do this once a month from hear on.

What type and model leaf blower do you have? I was looking at one at Goodwill but they wanted $14 for it. I thought that was too much. Goodwill thinks they are Wally World now or something.

Mine is an Echo I purchased at Home Depot. As for buying one for $14 that is a deal if it is a back shudder too. Mine was well over $100, but its primary use is to use around my yard. I was lucky that it fit so well.
I love the at night idea! I will start doing it at night, thanks for the great idea!

I can just see this picture.

Dude standing alongside his house with the leaf blower hooked up to the stove vent, a huge cloud of Black Soot and ash screaming out of his leaf blower and settling all over the neighbors car, yard and house .

OHHHHHH what a great cartoon this would make.

What would be funnier would be the fool that hooks the BLOW end up to the stove vent and fills the house with soot and ashes.

Snowy

Yep, especially if it was done at night and they get up, see the mess and think WTH!!??

I took advantage of yesterday's warm temperatures and spent two hours with pellet stove torture devices. Including the leaf blower.

Can't even see the soot this morning. It is all covered up with a fresh coat of white mixed winter crud.

We even had a thunder storm between 11:00 PM and midnight yesterday.

This must be New England.

Glad ya got your stove all done. Smokey, you can keep the white mixed winter crud right up there where you are!!

We were supposed to get sleet and freezing rain yesterday but it was 99% rain. Didn't take the white crud away tho!

Be safe and stay warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.