Lennox traditions stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron stove

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Central CT
T-300 stove, Lennox ( whitfield) Think my room air circulator fan is going. When I fire the stove up, it can take 2-3 minutes before that fan kicks on, sometimes with a squeek. If i switch fan speeds, sometimes it doesnt like to run on low, or medium, and it even stopped for a few minutes last night while on high. Any way to trouble shoot this, and where do you recomend a new fan ?

Thanks.

usually remove the blower from the stove and bench test it with direct 110 power. you could wire a rheostat in line to test speed control function(not the control board...)

if the bearings are noisy, or it runs slow, then it is on its way to total failure

earlier models had oil ports, yours shouldn't(sealed bearings, oil doesn't help)

If it has bearings its a pretty easy job to change them if your handy.

I have also disassemble them and re-lube the so called sealed bearings to make it through until the new ones arrive. Disassemble the blower and motor. Pull out the armature. Once you get to the bearing carefully slide a very small flat head screw driver into the seal at the inner race. Carefully pry it up a bit and use a syringe to squire some 20 weight oil in it. Spin the bearing and repeat for the other bearing. Reassemble the motor and blower. Bench test

Even if you do by another. Don't toss the blower. It can be repair at a motor shop. Usually pretty reasonablely priced. Keep it as a spare.

Will try that this week. 8 years with Thousands of hours, so about time it went. Is there a good online source for the fan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.