Let the chips fly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Medic21

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2017
Northern Indiana
Got pissed and quit my job last week and then blew up the 440 this morning had to do something with that money sitting in the 401(k).

Would’ve been a shame to move all of it.

45795E52-BC37-4748-BE4C-A5408726BC9E.jpeg
B93077E1-53D9-4F62-8B76-29B02EB672F7.jpeg

Nice saw. I'm a little jealous. Lol. I've eyeing one of them since they came out. My father in law cuts timber and he just got one a few weeks ago. He got away from stihl for quite a few years. He has had several husqvarna saws with autotune and has had nothing but problems with them. I'm anxious to see how the 462 does for him.

Nice saw. I'm a little jealous. Lol. I've eyeing one of them since they came out. My father in law cuts timber and he just got one a few weeks ago. He got away from stihl for quite a few years. He has had several husqvarna saws with autotune and has had nothing but problems with them. I'm anxious to see how the 462 does for him.
I had a clutch problem with my 362c-m. Other than that I’ve had zero issues with the M-Tronic.

I would have bought a 461 if they had one but, no luck.

I had a clutch problem with my 362c-m. Other than that I’ve had zero issues with the M-Tronic.

I would have bought a 461 if they had one but, no luck.
Speaking of 461, there is a farm store here where I live and they have a 461 for $950 with 24" bar. That's cheaper than the 441 they have there for sale.

I paid $1000 for the 462 minus bar and chain. Just to give you an idea.
That's what my father in law paid for his too. Power head only. You just got to find a dealer that's willing to deal with you. Most set a price and that's it

That's what my father in law paid for his too. Power head only. You just got to find a dealer that's willing to deal with you. Most set a price and that's it
They are not supposed to sell for less than Stihls set price. That’s probably the set price without a bar. They were out of 461s but they were $850 without a bar and chain. I have the time so I didn’t want to wait till next week. Start a new job back to turning wrenches full time Monday. Need to get as much cut as possible now.

Reactions: duramaxman05
They are not supposed to sell for less than Stihls set price. That’s probably the set price without a bar. They were out of 461s but they were $850 without a bar and chain. I have the time so I didn’t want to wait till next week. Start a new job back to turning wrenches full time Monday. Need to get as much cut as possible now.
That's some good prices. I guess the stores around here jack up the prices. Nice to meet a fellow wrench turner. What do you work on?

That's some good prices. I guess the stores around here jack up the prices. Nice to meet a fellow wrench turner. What do you work on?
Going from people, Paramedic, back to the Ford Dealership. I’m a diesel tech by trade and run my own shop at home working on equipment. I’ve had enough of the bullshit surrounding Paramedic services that I walked out of work Wednesday. I’ll primarily do light and medium truck.

Going from people, Paramedic, back to the Ford Dealership. I’m a diesel tech by trade and run my own shop at home working on equipment. I’ve had enough of the bullshit surrounding Paramedic services that I walked out of work Wednesday. I’ll primarily do light and medium truck.
Wow a paramedic. I give you a pat on the back for that. I am a heavy equipment mechanic by trade. I did that for 12yrs. Now I'm a union laborer in st louis doing demolition and now I mechanic on the side in my shop at home. Good luck with your new job.

Wow a paramedic. I give you a pat on the back for that. I am a heavy equipment mechanic by trade. I did that for 12yrs. Now I'm a union laborer in st louis doing demolition and now I mechanic on the side in my shop at home. Good luck with your new job.
Love the job but, being home every night, no more weekends, no more holidays, and 2X the hourly rate sealed the deal for me. I’m thinking about part time since it took a lot to get the cert but, I’m done with it.

Love the job but, being home every night, no more weekends, no more holidays, and 2X the hourly rate sealed the deal for me. I’m thinking about part time since it took a lot to get the cert but, I’m done with it.
I did the same thing when I started in st louis. Pay is quite a bit more and the benefits is real good. Gotta go where I can get the best for my family.

I've toying with the idea of a bigger saw, and was thinking of the MS 462.
Keep us posted on how it runs.

Kudos for eating the shovelsfull of bull to handle the job at all. My nephew's a paramedic and loves the job, hates the tape. He almost quit several times now then he'll have a run that makes him change his mind. He's a saint, I swear.

Diesel huh? What do you think of the new(ish) 6.7? I've got two 7.3s I'm running that are both over 270k miles and i'm scared to "upgrade" because of the nightmares of the old "upgrade" they offered. These 7.3s are strong enough to pull a house and they run forever. I'd like something similar.

Kudos for eating the shovelsfull of bull to handle the job at all. My nephew's a paramedic and loves the job, hates the tape. He almost quit several times now then he'll have a run that makes him change his mind. He's a saint, I swear.

Diesel huh? What do you think of the new(ish) 6.7? I've got two 7.3s I'm running that are both over 270k miles and i'm scared to "upgrade" because of the nightmares of the old "upgrade" they offered. These 7.3s are strong enough to pull a house and they run forever. I'd like something similar.

i went to school for the 6.7 a few years ago. If you think the 7.3 has power you would crap behind the wheel of a 6.7. Way more power, 275hp vs 425hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque more. They have their issues, oil pan gaskets, EGR coolers, turbos are the most seen. Duramax and Cummins have their own separate issues though. There is no perfect diesel.

Reactions: sloeffle

The 6.7 is the best diesel engine Ford has ever put in a pickup....period

I have yet to find a hill steep enough or a load big enough to pull my truck down below the speed limit.

But if i was buying tomorrow I'd have a hard time deciding between a 2020 Ford 6.7 or a 2020 6.6 L5P Duramax.

i went to school for the 6.7 a few years ago. If you think the 7.3 has power you would crap behind the wheel of a 6.7. Way more power, 275hp vs 425hp and 400 ft/lbs of torque more. They have their issues, oil pan gaskets, EGR coolers, turbos are the most seen. Duramax and Cummins have their own separate issues though. There is no perfect diesel.

I don't know brother, that 7.3 is dang near close to a perfect diesel :)

I'll check them out. i don't have a problem changing gaskets. turbos are a pain though, and those exhaust gaskets behind the turbo. Forget what they're called but I hate those so bad. So very bad.

The 6.7 is the best diesel engine Ford has ever put in a pickup....period

I have yet to find a hill steep enough or a load big enough to pull my truck down below the speed limit.

But if i was buying tomorrow I'd have a hard time deciding between a 2020 Ford 6.7 or a 2020 6.6 L5P Duramax.
Depends if you want a truck or a 4wheel drive car with a diesel lol.

Reactions: sloeffle
Got pissed and quit my job last week and then blew up the 440 this morning had to do something with that money sitting in the 401(k).

Would’ve been a shame to move all of it.

View attachment 253267View attachment 253268
You will love that saw. I have a 440 with a 460 piston/cylinder & a 462 non m-tronic. The 462 is about 1 pound lighter than the 440. I didn’t need two saws the same size but I couldn’t pass up the 462 when I saw it for listed for sale.