Let's put some faces to the personalities

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'll bite.
On top of a local mountain, on my sisters horse, and with family and BIL at Thanksgiving 09....
Oh, and BTW, my idea of a perfect little get together is when Kathleen comes back to RI in the summer, we set a day and I charter a big sailboat......or convince a local with a big one....to take us on a little bay cruise......
But weather and winds can be fickle, so it's hard to plan!

Attachments

• craig1.jpg
    craig1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,294
  • craig2.jpg
    craig2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,293
  • craig3.jpg
    craig3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,290
Me with my wife, Marsha on our front porch. Taken by a friend during a visit last summer. I've since lost all the facial hair and the (unseen) ponytail I had for ten years. I've also, sadly, lost Marsha. We found out she had cancer in mid-September, and she died on November 21st. That's why I've been so quiet on the forums lately. Rick

Attachments

• R&M.bmp
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 1,407
Sorry for your loss Rick, we all know how important our families are! Tough time of the year to go through such a chapter in your life. Hang in there! One day at a time as they say.

This is Me and my daughter at Girl scout camp.

Attachments

• DSC00199.jpg
    DSC00199.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,258
VCBurner said:
Sorry for your loss Rick, we all know how important our families are! Tough time of the year to go through such a chapter in your life. Hang in there! One day at a time as they say.

x2. So sorry

Rick, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have wondered why you haven't been posting much and now we know why.

Webmaster, if we do go sailing and encounter high seas, I'll be the one chumming the waters.... :sick:

Yes, Rick, very sorry to hear of your wife.

Rick, again, our condolences.

Nice to see you on the forums, even if for a bit.

I have a reunion tentatively scheduled for July 9th. I haven't been to the island in too many years, so it's time to come home for a spell.
A charter would be a blast. I have an old high school pal whose family runs a charter http://www.sakonnetcharters.com/
Yes of course it was me in my av. I have a pic of me and my little guy hamming it up on my profile. BB I would love to know what you were thinking in that pic. Steve (FBF) you look a little cranky in yours.

eta
Rick I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful Marsha. I was wondering where you've been lately. Much love and light to you and your family.

Rick, our heart goes out to you.

Rick so sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in my families prayers.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
I have a reunion tentatively scheduled for July 9th. I haven't been to the island in too many years, so it's time to come home for a spell.
A charter would be a blast. I have an old high school pal whose family runs a charter http://www.sakonnetcharters.com/
Yes of course it was me in my av. I have a pic of me and my little guy hamming it up on my profile. BB I would love to know what you were thinking in that pic. Steve (FBF) you look a little cranky in yours.

eta
Rick I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful Marsha. I was wondering where you've been lately. Much love and light to you and your family.

One of my fondest memories is sailing across the Bay to anchor offshore at the Newport Folk Festival.....

Here's one of me and my little man.

Attachments

• DSC_0274_1575.jpg
    DSC_0274_1575.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,258
Rick,
As someone who has lost more loved ones than most people lose in a lifetime, I have grown to believe that a person is never truly gone until there is no one left to remember them. Well. There are now hundreds of people who have seen Marsha and will remember her for a very long time. I know I will. Thank you for sharing her with us, even if we only know her from a photograph.

Got to this one late, but here goes. This could be the only pic of me known to man. Well, it's not, but that doesn't sound as mysterious.
I was working on the pole barn, when a friend of a friend stopped by to chat.
I guess something must have been funny, 'cause I'm usually not smiling like that (or so says my wife).

Attachments

• IMG_1978resize.jpg
    IMG_1978resize.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,263
BrotherBart said:
The last pic of me that I know of was ten years ago. And those ten years have not been kind to me. :red:

BrotherB. What did you do all those years in the suit?

Warm in RI said:
BrotherBart said:
The last pic of me that I know of was ten years ago. And those ten years have not been kind to me. :red:

Thanks for playing along Brother Bart. You look like some famous actor. The name escapes me. Now we just need Browningbar....

Hal Holbrook

fossil said:
Me with my wife, Marsha on our front porch. Taken by a friend during a visit last summer. I've since lost all the facial hair and the (unseen) ponytail I had for ten years. I've also, sadly, lost Marsha. We found out she had cancer in mid-September, and she died on November 21st. That's why I've been so quiet on the forums lately. Rick

Sincere condolences, Rick. Way to much of this news for me in the last few weeks. I hope that day-by-day, things get better for you and your family.

God Bless

Most of the pics of me are of the back of my head, the top of my head cut off, or with my eyes closed. I managed to find this one from 2003.

Attachments

• IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,224
southbalto said:
BrotherBart said:

BrotherB. What did you do all those years in the suit?

Some fun, some headaches and a pretty good income. :lol: IT Director was the job. That pic was taken by a newspaper for an interview when Y2K was looming. You see how scared I was about Y2K. What you can't see on the screen of the laptop says "Will it also be a day that lives in infamy? I dun't tink so Lucy."

Wanna buy a couple of dozen custom tailored suits that haven't been worn in ten years and a bazillion dollars worth of Allen Edmonds shoes? I was a clothes horse.

I wear old fart coveralls every day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.