liberty brick review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nola mike

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2010
Richmond/Montross, Virginia
i bought a ton of liberty bricks last month, and have been mixing them with my hardwood or burning them by themselves. overall, i've been impressed. they burn hot and long, and compare very favorably to eco bricks. here's a pic next to an eco brick. they seem to be made of finer particles then the eco bricks, and don't swell much when burned. only complaint is that they tend to be a little difficult to start (same with eco bricks). if you live in virginia, you can pick them up at the factory for $160/ton ($170/ton if wrapped in packages). for the equivalent of a cord, this is a great deal and half the price of the eco bricks. IMAG0586.jpg

Reactions: chazcarr
Status
Not open for further replies.