liner suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Maybe look into oval Duraliner. It's preinsulated and will fit.

My chimney's inside of flue dimensions are 6 1/2" x 101/2" would I be able to ovalize the liner and insulate to code.
There may be a couple options. The duraliner may work if it is straight or a wrapped and ovalized 6" liner if the stove you are using is ok with loosing a little volume. I dont think an ovalized 7" liner which would give you the volume of a 6" round will fit.

Then there is always the option of removing the clay.

There may be a couple options. The duraliner may work if it is straight or a wrapped and ovalized 6" liner if the stove you are using is ok with loosing a little volume. I dont think an ovalized 7" liner which would give you the volume of a 6" round will fit.

Then there is always the option of removing the clay.
Offset of about 20 degrees then straight shot up 20 feet. Will post pics this weekend after I get home working in Philly during week. Stove is Hearthstone Castleton and will be set up to rear vent.

here are some pictures of chimney. The way it looks to achieve the correct draft I am going to have to go to a 4"x8" rectangle liner to get numbers stove requires. I want to insulate but believe it is going to get tight. ID clay flue is 63/8" x 103/8". Rockford tells me with insulation liner will be 5/12"x91/2". Just seems that if things aren't perfect I'm in for a long day. Here are the pics the offset isn't as bad as i thought and and it is very gradual to the point it heads straight up. Thoughts??

Attachments

• chimney5.jpg
    chimney5.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 106
  • chimney 2.jpg
    chimney 2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20181028_093843.jpg
    20181028_093843.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited: