Liners from ebay seller chimney1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jimembarras

Sep 12, 2021
CO
Thanks for the membership!

Does anyone have any experience to share with buying liners from an ebay seller named "chimney1"? I currently see this seller has multiple listings for 6" flexible liner kits in 316 stainless, which the seller claims are equivalent in quality and durability to all the other brand name liners. Unfortunately neither the product descriptions nor the reviews provide details about the manufacturing specifications, brand, quality, and durability of the liners, or the seller in general.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited:
I am considering ordering a 6"x35' if I do I will post a review and pics

Reactions: jimembarras
Carefull as this seller does not except returns.fleabay is sure not like it used to be .sellers put their items cheap and inflate shipping costs to keep their listing fees low.

Make sure it is ul listed and make sure you get an insulation kit with it.

Thanks for the membership!

Does anyone have any experience to share with buying liners from an ebay seller named "chimney1"? I currently see this seller has multiple listings for 6" flexible liner kits in 316 stainless, which the seller claims are equivalent in quality and durability to all the other brand name liners. Unfortunately neither the product descriptions nor the reviews provide details about the manufacturing specifications, brand, quality, and durability of the liners, or the seller in general.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Jim
I asked the seller (chimney1) specific questions regarding manufacturer, brand, UL rating. I was ignored. At first i thought maybe there was simply a delay because of the Labor Day holiday, but now after 10 days it seems the seller doesn't want to answer.

Looks like a reseller, just drop ships from the supplier. Been a member since '98, but only a 98.5 rating, not terrible, not great...has a negative review for a chimney liner too...blames it on the shipper...who knows...doesn't sound like "first choice" material to me...

I would be weary of purchasing something as important as chimney liner, wood stoves, fireplaces, etc from a source like e-Bay or worse, Facebook ads. Craigslist is fine since it should be a local person and you should have an opportunity to view the items before purchase. And then of course there are some companies like Woodstock Soapstone that only do phone/online sales but are extremely solid and reputable. But for e-Bay and others, it's just not worth the risk of getting some 3rd party junk made who knows where and shipped from who knows where at a great cost to you and then no returns? I would avoid.

I thought they shipped out of New York but when I google it Chimney 1 shows a shop in Fort Wayne IN. If I do order one I am ordering the insulation from a Lynn manufacturing.

Reactions: moresnow
Have you checked Rockford Chimney Supply?

Have you checked Rockford Chimney Supply?
Yes but did not seeing anything really made for this, I am considering connecting the liner to a 6" black T and supporting it off of the concrete wall.

Reactions: PaulOinMA
Fireplace Essentials in upstate NY is another place I have bookmarked. Purchased a brush and rods from them. They carry liners, etc.