Log splitter problems......piston rod moves slowly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
No video found. I was going to suggest that perhaps its too cold and the hydraulic fluid is too thick to move well. Do you really live in St Pete and split firewood down there...?

No video found. I was going to suggest that perhaps its too cold and the hydraulic fluid is too thick to move well. Do you really live in St Pete and split firewood down there...?
Hi and Thanks

here is my link:

yes just a silly thing....................just wanted one and found a deal 275 but slow......any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like air. Check the oil level. Could be a suction line restriction.

Check the pump coupler, could be slipping. Check the fluid for signs of metal contamination. If you have a gauge, check the pressure.

Reactions: Jags
@bkrider- Did you ever find out what the problem was?

I went in to refresh my drink and found a little red riding hound in my chair. It's all good.
20171218_141033.jpg

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy