Looked at new stoves friday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
In my travels Friday I stopped in the stove shop that I purchased my stove at. I know the owner and stopped to see how he was feeling.. he had surgery... He wasn't there but I took the time to look at the various new stove on the floor. They no longer sell blaze king, still sell vermont castings, lopi, hearthstone and others. I know I got a good deal no my stove but its now like 1400 dollars more then what I paid for mine.. my stoves not that old neither.

My stove was purchased prior to 2020 so looking at the stoves they are different. I liked the endeavor they all have steel baffle now.. aka next gen fyre. No more 1250 or 1750 its the answer thats the smaller stove. The VCs look a little different, they moved the bypass handle, things are a little different. The hearthstone has a bimetal thermometer sticking out the RHS of the stove. Sticker shock on almost everything I looked at I just cant believe how much the stoves are costing now.

For those of you that haven't been to your local stove shop, stop by and take a look. Its not the same..

Reactions: Todd
The endeavor has a ceramic baffle board and fiber blanket, I just had a new endeavor installed. There is a steel baffle cap that sits in front of the baffle board, maybe that is what you saw?

Reactions: jmb6420
I've got a 2020 Endeavor. It uses the baffle board with a steel cap on the end.