Looking for cook stove to replace a Lange 6302k.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
What happened to the Lange?

I don't think of the 6302K as a cookstove. Do you regularly bake in the upper chamber? What are the priorities? Heating 24/7 or part time? Stove top that can handle a pot or two or a real cookstove with an oven?

What happened to the Lange?

I don't think of the 6302K as a cookstove. Do you regularly bake in the upper chamber? What are the priorities? Heating 24/7 or part time? Stove top that can handle a pot or two or a real cookstove with an oven?
The Lange is still great for heating but not as efficient as I would like. I fry eggs, boil water, make cornbread , baked potatoes , and occasional pot roast on it with decent success. I have always wanted a proper cook stove. The Lange does provide a considerable amount of our heating which is very important to me. I’ve been looking at a Hwam classic 7 but a little more modern then I’m used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you checked out the stoves at Obadiahs? Also check out the Nectre oven stoves.

Reactions: Ashful
I ordered a cookstove from Obadiah's, but I would also suggest talking to Daniel at https://stovesandmore.com/

He has been extremely helpful through email and phone (probably the best way to reach him) and carries some models that Obadiah's doesn't. Unfortunately he could not order the Tim Sistem North for me, Obadiah's has some kind of exclusive deal with the importer, but I did order my range boiler, chimney, and a liner for my wood heat stove from him. For the most part I spoke with Sarah at Obadiah's through email and phone and it was a really pleasant experience. The delivery company they contracted to ship the stove did call me when they were a half hour away, which is extremely unusual for freight delivery. Even when I scheduled freight shipments every day running a parts warehouse they never called. The stove arrived very well crated and blemish free. We haven't installed the cooker yet, but I'm still waiting on the chimney anyway. Our kitchen is gutted and we are completely renovating the plumbing system as well, which the cooker will be tied into.