Looking for info on my new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimp

Aug 13, 2013
Indiana
Hello All,
I'm a new member to the site though I have looked over the forums before for other information.
I am in the process of moving into a new home and it currently has a fireplace intsalled in it. My home now I use a radiant wood stove to heat with and would like to continue heating with wood in the new house.
My questions here are:
What can you tell me about the fireplace (good, bad, burning info)?
Any manuals out there with info?
And lastly as I said I want to use to heat at least a portion of my new house with this... would an insert be an option to install to allow for better efficiency? If so, any certain kind of insert needed (brand, type)?
Thank you for all your help.....
Here is the info I have on the fireplace.... Majestic Model L42A

The Majestic Model L42A is a typical zero clearance fireplace. It's really only designed to be decorative and not for efficient heat. A fireplace insert would turn it into an efiecient wood heater. Many inserts these days are listed to to into a zero clearance fireplace, you just need to meet all the sizing requirements from their installation manuals. A 42" fireplace likely has many inserts that will fit. Most require a single wall stainless steel liner going from the insert to the chimney cap inside your existing pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.