Lopi Endeavor 2020 or Hearthstone Green Mountain 60

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The quote I got was for the stove only with me picking it up at the store. But there is no competition to speak of so I can somewhat understand the higher prices.

Good grief! That's crazy, I thought our local shop was expensive compared to what I've seen quoted in here.

If you want an F 55 they have one left at $1,850. Might be cheaper in a few weeks. Haha.

Good grief! That's crazy, I thought our local shop was expensive compared to what I've seen quoted in here.

If you want an F 55 they have one left at $1,850. Might be cheaper in a few weeks. Haha.
If they’d ship it, I’d probably buy it tomorrrow!

Hey! Yes we have had maybe a dozen fires in it now.

I'll post more after a bit longer but I will say... I'm really liking it so far. I haven't stuffed it completely full or burned 24/7 yet due to timing and weather but I believe the advertised burn times--16hrs for its 1.3cf box, seems crazy!--are not too exaggerated or impossible. I've loaded it maybe half full with a few medium splits before bed on some coals a couple of times and it easily went overnight like 10pm to 7am with coals to easily relight. I used our key damper to achieve low-and-slow, but cat stayed active beautifully, with occasional wispy secondaries. It is a tank for a small stove at 460lbs including soapstone liner inside, which I think definitely helps.

- I wish you could see the cat better like on my BK. Not that seeing the cat glow really means too much but it is nice confirmation that things are running "as they should" sometimes. The cat on the GM is hidden above the baffle. I could make out the glow once when it was in "black box" mode...
- Black box mode means some darkness in the glass corners, not unexpected, burn it off or clean if wanted
- I'm stoked that it can run in black box mode if wanted. We will likely run it that way most of the time. Low btus and long burns work perfectly for the space. We'll crank it up or clean the glass for company hehe
- We love the look of it: really clean, modern lines that fit our space nicely. Small touches like wooden handles help too. High priority was on aesthetics and it does not disappoint. Nice castings, no "backpack" etc...
- I like that the air is one single, easily accessible intake. Peace of mind if things are getting out of hand. It made me nervous that my other "modern" stoves had inaccessible intakes for secondary air, which would be impossible to restrict in an emergency situation.

I remain optimistic that this stove will be a solid performer in the long run. I hope so: other than being a side-loader it ticked all the boxes for our space. Happy to answer any questions!
@Nigel459 looks like it’s been a few years since you posted this. This was a great review so thank you for the time you put into the post! I’m in the market for a GM 40 and would love to hear how it’s been working for you over the past couple years since this update!

We just had a Green Mountain 60 installed. Been running it for 2 months now and very disappointed in the lack of heat, lack of interior fire box size and poor air flow. We use seasoned oak here in Crazyfornia. Also getting the smoke issues with door opening. We should have just kept the old Woodsman stove that worked a treat and not worry about the fricken EPA and Cat chamber BS. I am working with the dealer to see what can be done to replace it. Just my 2 cents.

We just had a Green Mountain 60 installed. Been running it for 2 months now and very disappointed in the lack of heat, lack of interior fire box size and poor air flow. We use seasoned oak here in Crazyfornia. Also getting the smoke issues with door opening. We should have just kept the old Woodsman stove that worked a treat and not worry about the fricken EPA and Cat chamber BS. I am working with the dealer to see what can be done to replace it. Just my 2 cents.

What is the moisture content of your wood and tell us about your chimney.

What is the moisture content of your wood and tell us about your chimney.
Wood is 2 to 3 years dried. Have been using different wood from 3 stacks and heat is still poor. Chimney is straight up 18 feet. I just think the soapstone and cat convertors make for a crappy stove. The old stove put out heat no matter what. I liked that.