Lopi Insert Liner Boot Part?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike Stoick

Dec 30, 2019
Michigan
Hello, I’m new to the forum. I recently purchased a Lopi wood burning insert. Everything seems to be in good shape but I need some sort of boot that allows the damper to operate but “seals” the liner to the insert. Can anyone point me in the right direction? By my own research I think my Lopi is an ‘80s model that is discontinued but a local fireplace store said I my be able to find parts or at least a design so I can fab up my own boot. Attached are pictures.

Attachments

• EFE9A2FE-8247-4D32-8579-E086E1E2824D.jpeg
    EFE9A2FE-8247-4D32-8579-E086E1E2824D.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 8A953E16-531D-4F30-B62E-4A0007049E57.jpeg
    8A953E16-531D-4F30-B62E-4A0007049E57.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 191
My local fireplace store was more than willing to weld up an adapter that would allow my old stove to accept a modern liner. However, my damper control was inside the firebox, like a modern stove baffle plate. So the top of my stove was flat with a hole. Yours would be quite difficult to seal and still allow use of the damper control. Maybe an adapter could be made that would hold some ceramic insulation tightly around the damper control?

You could talk to a welder as well. Those guys are pretty creative. They might be able to tighten up that tamper control as well, so it has less L/R slop.

Thanks. Yea my beat friend is a welder. I think I might try to box out the whole area above the damper and only have one hole for the damper pole to slide in and out. That should be sealed enough I figure. Then on that secondary box I can have a round ring for the liner to attach