Lopi or Pacific Energy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The Evergreen is a clean-looking design. The shallower firebox means it projects about 4" less into the room than the Super. It also has 3" closer side clearances if that is an issue. The Evergreen has a convection top, which is over the actual stovetop. The Super's top does not, the stovetop is exposed. This means the Super is easier to boil water on for cooking or coffee, but less friendly if your cat jumps on it when the stove is burning.

Yes, I like the clean simple design. You're right about the clearances. I had the installer give me a couple extra inches over minimum, but the drywall behind the stove doesn't get very hot at all.

It's a nice looking stove with a more contemporary look.

Big ash pans are nice. My last 2 stoves haven't had a big pan. I dont use the ash pan anymore, and thats a big part of why.

These same two stoves(Super 27 & Evergreen) are on my list as possible replacement options for for my 38 year old Avalon. I had a look at both recently. I sweep my own chimney and was really impressed by the removable stainless baffle in the PE Super. The Lopi evergreen is a simple design which would compliment our contemporary home and qualities for the Biomass Tax credit. PE does not qualify for the credit. My wife was loving the looks of the endeavor. The open ash pan in the newer endeavor looks like an air leak point to me.
I just got an Endeavor installed. About 6 burns through it so far. I think I'll enjoy this stove. Reference the ash pan: time will tell I guess. Not sure I'll use it much. Right now I plan to just let ash fall through the grate til it fills to the grate kinda plugging it and scoop out ash from the box as needed. The ash drawer does have a gasket, but like anything it can go bad I suppose.

Reactions: brickie
I have a Lopi Evergreen (Pedestal) and really like it.

Note I don't have much frame of reference as it's the only stove I've owned, but it drafts very well for me, can be closed down to a nice slow burn, and puts out a lot of heat. The big square glass gives a very nice view as well. The ash dump and large ash pan are also really convenient.

First burn:

View attachment 310201

I almost bought that stove.. its a good looker..

The pipe will g straight up, approximately 20 ft.
20 ft is good for either stove at your altitude. That's what we have on our PE stove. It will work well. We have a 45º offset to align with the ceiling support box. No problem.

All,
I can’t decide between the Lopi Evergreen and the Pacific Energy Super LE. Anyone have one of these stoves? I asked the dealer his thoughts, he said he sells more Lopi than PE plus the Evergreen qualifies for tax deduction.
I have the PE Super LE and I can say it is a very well-built and efficient stove. Like other have mentionned, this stove is an easy breather. If you have excessive draft it has the potential to cause uncontrollable burn from time to time. I have a very tall chimney and this was a real issue for me until I install a key damper on the stove pipe. Even with the damper AND primary air intake closed the stove still has a tendency to run very hot for a while once second combustion kicks in, but I stopped worrying about this. The stove gives me long burn times. I can generally reload on hot coals after 12 hours.

All,
I can’t decide between the Lopi Evergreen and the Pacific Energy Super LE. Anyone have one of these stoves? I asked the dealer his thoughts, he said he sells more Lopi than PE plus the Evergreen qualifies for tax deduction.
Both stoves will due a great job it's really up to you does the cost dominate or does the looks dominate its that simple and your decision!

N/S loading biases my decision. I rarely load E/W.

I also have the PE Super LE in red/maroon. I think the stove is beautiful. Glass stays clean if I'm burning correctly and easily heats our 1500 Sq ft home in negative double digits. Like others have mentioned, it burns hot but I have the blower if I get a little worried. :)