Lopi Republic 1750 - A Couple Questions...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnIt13

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
Central MA
I recently posted a thread looking for advice on available close clearance stoves. Among the reccomendations was the Lopi Republic 1750. It will fit our room perfectly. Long story short, the stove will have to sit in the corner of a smallish dining room and a chase will have to run through the 2nd floor interior. The clearances, overall size, and flue placement make it a perfect candidate.

I've read the reviews of the stove on this site but I have a few more questions from those who are familiar with it.
1. Are you able to achieve overnight burns?
2. What is your overall impression?
3. What is a fair price for someone who plans to install the stove themself?

Thanks guys!

Same firebox as my Endeavor. I can get 8 hours on good hardwoods. Meaning from the time I load a full load on an established coal bed, I can wake up 8 hours later with a deep/hot enough coal bed to restart the fire with full size splits. If it's like the Endeavor, it's a good, stout firebox with a firebrick baffle. I'm heating around 1,800 sq. ft. with mine. I do, however, recommend the blower if you can swing it. It moves a ton of heat.

Pagey said:
Same firebox as my Endeavor. I can get 8 hours on good hardwoods. Meaning from the time I load a full load on an established coal bed, I can wake up 8 hours later with a deep/hot enough coal bed to restart the fire with full size splits. If it's like the Endeavor, it's a good, stout firebox with a firebrick baffle. I'm heating around 1,800 sq. ft. with mine. I do, however, recommend the blower if you can swing it. It moves a ton of heat.

I'd love to get the Endeavor but the budget dictates a more "no frills" stove. The specs and dimensions between the two stoves are identical except the Endeavor has a step-top and weights 30lbs more. The blower is a definate. Our floor plan is only kinda open so the dining room and living room would get baked if there is no fan to move the heat around. What do these things go for?

My Endeavor was around $2,000 in Nov. 2008. Not sure what the blower costs, as my dad showed up with it one day as a gift and said "here ya go, son". He's just overly helpful like that. ;-)

According to Lopi website Blowers free until October 15th

I also have the Endeavor and we heat just shy of 2k with it. I can load up at night around 10 and at 6 or 7 in the morning my wife is able to reload with full sized splits without any issues. When it's single digits or colder I try loading as late as I can since I know it'll be a struggle to keep the joint warm all night. I would love to have a larger stove but we had room limitations and this stove fit the bill perfectly.

You'll love the Lopi quality, Pagey is the one who sold me on buying the Endeavor and we haven't had any regrets.

One thing to keep in mind on this one is that I guess on the freestanding 1750 there is no bypass damper... (on the insert there is though)
It's a nice feature but I am sure this is a great stove regardless, just when you are trying to figure out the difference in price between the 1750 and Endeavor, make sure that you take that into account too. (that's probably part of the weight difference too, I watched their online tour on their videos list, and that damper is a big plate, looks like it's half an inch thick!) The videos on their website almost all feature the Endeavor, by the way, you can become very familiar with it!

One thing to keep in mind on this one is that I guess on the freestanding 1750 there is no bypass damper... (on the insert there is one) like on the Endeavor.
It's a nice feature but I am sure this is a great stove regardless, just when you are trying to figure out the difference in price between the 1750 and Endeavor, make sure that you take that into account too. (that's probably part of the weight difference too, I watched their online tour on their videos list, and that damper is a big plate, looks like it's half an inch thick!) The videos on their website almost all feature the Endeavor, by the way, you can become very familiar with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.