Lots of Soapstone goodies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy smokes!! Soapstone ice cubes! Never thought I would see the day. Reusable. I wonder how they perform compared to real ice. How freaking cool.

I also like the big beer mugs but at 2lbs it is pretty hefty. Do you think you could microwave the stone? I know the metal handle might not like the rays but the "ice" cubes maybe.

Kinda gives a whole new meaning to "On the rocks", eh, highbeam? :) Rick

I think the stones wouldn't be good ice cubes. They don't take advantage of the phase change and immediately begin to cool off unlike ice that will always be the same temp or colder until they disappear.

On the rocks for sure. Seriously, the precooled soapstone stein with regular water ice would keep the bourbon very cold for quite some time.

The steins aren't too pricey but the rest of their stuff is mighty high. I might actually get one in copper.

Yeah, there's a lot to be said for latent heat, and water's an interesting substance. Where would we be without it? Rick

Yeah...the beer mugs look like a good idea. But what if you had one beer too many and one of those soapstone "ice cubes" came crashing down on your front teeth when you took your last swig?

I noticed that the sake sets are meant to stay hot. Too bad- I like my sake cold. have to use a different rock.

Mine look like they went through a house fire
sakisets2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.