Love this CAT stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck 80 is installed! It's been cruising on low for about 5 hours on the same three splits and they're probably still 1/2 there. Still amazes me to have virtually no flame, yet have nothing but heat waves coming out of the stack.

Ok, here are some pictures, just to prove it really happened! Now I understand why some people don't like cat stoves...just no pretty flames...guess I'll have to take it back.... ;-)

Yes, there is only around 12" of non-combustible tile until the drop to wood floor. Still pondering if I really want to cut up the floor for a row or two of tiles. It is MUCH better than it was originally - it used to have a WOOD topped hearth, complete with some nice deep burn marks! Some of that wood is now my mantel.

Clicking on a picture will download the original sized image to a new tab or window.

Love this CAT stove!

Love this CAT stove!

Love this CAT stove!

Love this CAT stove!

It is beautiful! Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.