Lowes/HD Vet discount..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Zahria

Minister of Fire
Jan 6, 2014
New Hampster
mcmanusfuels.com
Not available on pellets here...
I guess the 'ton' discount, is all you get.

They told me at the Lowe's here that it is good on pellets and anything else in the joint. Contact customer service online.

Yeah Lowe's was the only one to solidity their vet discount policy across the board. HD figures you had to get disabled or retired. You do need the VA id card. Which is a non event to get.

I wouldn't take the salesperson's word for it. Just got back from HD where the gal said I had to show a Lowe's credit card to get the 5% discount for using my CC. I insisted that wasn't the case. She finally gave in and rang up the code - viola' I got 5% off. Also had them say once that it wouldn't take it for 20 bags of pellets I bought last winter. They tried the code anyway, and once again got the 5%. At least make them try it, if it works great, if not then at least it was confirmed. And, make them try it every time!

Sucks that veteran's sometimes don't get the discounts!

Lowe's here and everywhere else I've been or worked out of town give me 10% on everything. Even on top of other sales and discounts. Just bought two new garage doors there for the house last week and got my 10%. Also got it on my pellets recently. I'd rattle some cages and get your discount. Someone is either blowing smoke or does not know what they are saying. Lowe's does give a 10% discount to all veterans.

Now HD is another issue. They only want to offer a discount to vets retired after 20 yrs plus vets, or current active duty folks which don't have much time to shop local HD's because they are busy getting shot at.This is why I go to Lowe's because they support vets. Screw HD. HD does give a small discount on Veterans day each year and maybe some other select one day holidays. Whoopie!

However, I was in a HD a couple of months back and when checking out I asked the cashier about veteran discounts and she explained which small select groups got a discount there and I said Lowe's sells these too and I get 10% off everything all day and any day so she gave me a 10% discount when I showed my ID. Saved $30 bucks on a $300 tool. Just play dumb and nice. Never hurts to ask. Plus they are in control of the register buttons and personally may like and respect you for your service.

Reactions: bogieb
Not available on pellets here...
That could be possible because pellets are in high demand there or they are trying to hood wink you.
I would just demand the 10% veterans discount you earned and stick to your guns if they don't want to give it. Ask them to show you in writing or current company policy where it states no veteran discounts specifically on pellet purchases. They won't be able to nor can they because that IS NOT Lowe's policy concerning veteran discounts. I do not believe individual stores are allowed to dictate company wide policy. It surely isn't in Lowe's best interest to discriminate against only some vets that live in certain areas. I believe they are just trying to push some BS knowing pellets are in demand so they will weasel to not offer deals they are supposed to. Stuff like that pisses me off. I'd get my 10% or ruin some Jack Wagon's day. I'm sick of vets being chit upon.

I would just demand the 10% veterans discount you earned and stick to your guns if they don't want to give it. Ask them to show you in writing or current company policy where it states no veteran discounts specifically on pellet purchases. They won't be able to nor can they because that IS NOT Lowe's policy concerning veteran discounts. I do not believe individual stores are allowed to dictate company wide policy. It surely isn't in Lowe's best interest to discriminate against only some vets that live in certain areas. I believe they are just trying to push some BS knowing pellets are in demand so they will weasel to not offer deals they are supposed to. Stuff like that pisses me off. I'd get my 10% or ruin some Jack Wagon's day. I'm sick of vets being chit upon.
customer service 1-800-445-6937
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.