LOWE'S SALE WHAT'S THE DILLY????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked all the local stores (within 100 miles of Pittsburgh) here and they were out of them all. Home depot has them, but still at full price... Very annoying because I couldn't buy till today because my bonus was paid out this paycheck!

BurnerMM said:
Just checked all the local stores (within 100 miles of Pittsburgh) here and they were out of them all. Home depot has them, but still at full price... Very annoying because I couldn't buy till today because my bonus was paid out this paycheck!

Just think, that's helping you save money, at least for the moment!

Ken

BrotherBart said:
Stevebass4 said:
mellow said:
What makes me mad is the Super Cedar fire starters are not part of the 50% off. I would buy a case of them if the price was down to $4 a box.

they sell those at Lowes?

No.

Must be Fatwood that I am thinking of. Can't ever remember exactly because I never buy it due to it being outrageous in price. 2 Years ago I got some because they had it 50% off, since then they won't discount it.

Bethel Park lowes had one earlier in the week near PGH, do not know if sold in past few days.

coffee said:
harleyrace said:
rowerwet

I am still trying to figure why a month ago when a barrel of oil was at $50 the price of gas was at $1.47 per gallon, and now a barrel of oil drops to $36 and the price of gas shoots up to $1.85 a gallon.

I'm trying to figure out why gas was $1.73 on 2-9-09 in the morning, then within a few hours later it went to $1.94 at the same station. (glad I save a couple coins when I got it early!) guess it was the full moon! I'm feeling the jabs of the govt knife in my back again! No one does anything about it (or cares because we just take it) - so we can expect to pay $4 again I guess. That gas in their tanks was already there, so why the major hike? (If it was $3.99 and went up 20cents in a few hours we'd gripe, so why not now? money is money). things that make you go... "? ummmm what the ....!!"
If the media did thier job they would have reported the reason gas is up and oil is down, one of the cable business chanels had the reason, due to all the flack the oil companies got from thier old practice of doing maintenance in the summer when gas demand is high they are doing alot of it now when the big seasonal change over from Home Heating Oil to gas happens, it used to be done when they changed over from gas to HHO. It would land in august because by then they have enough stock of gas stored that a few weeks of not being on line wasn't felt during the 90's due to the over capacity of the refinerys thanks to thier not forcasting how much gas we would all save with Electronic Fuel Injection.
Thanks to the economic boom caused by cheap gas (while the american oil companies lost big millions of dollars every year for almost a decade) (where was thier bailout?) we bought a ton of stuff and got the world economy red hot, which caused them to use more oil, which drove up our price for oil until we ran into and past the point our refinerys and wells could support our demand, which caused the price to rise to an all time high, and took all our money to buy gas, so we stopped spending and the would economy is dead due to the lack of our buying. ( the bank dissaster caused by our congress didn't help either)
So now the refineries have to do maintenance, and like we all saw after katrina with piplines and refineries out of comission, it doesn't take much to get speculators to bid the price up on oil, and oil futures went up due to the supply of gasoline being slowly drawn down as less is being made right now. (same with HHO, however not all of the US uses HHO)
The gas price jumps in response to what the next tanker truck load will cost, yes it only cost them $1.75/gal. for the load in the station, but where will they get the money to buy the next load in "X" days when that load will cost $1.85/gal. They have to make a profit (2-3 cents per gal. after costs) and have a hedge against a big jump in the cost on the day of delivery. They also loose money on every load as the gas looses volume after it is put in the underground tanks and cools and "shrinks" and then you buy the cold gas which is denser and get more molecules in each gallon than they did when the truck delivered it.

No Lowes or Home Depot around here, this is the home of Menards and their stoves are never on sale, same price year round. I think they carry Century and Voglezanger?

Went to the depot this mornin and the sign read "50% off GAS fireplaces and heaters, ELECTRIC heaters and wood accesories( stove tools and wood holders etc..) Alas no joy to be had. Maybe they're watching this site :gulp: And they know we're waiting.. THEY KNOW!!

Yup I'm looking too, Nothing to be found around here in southern ohio. If I could find something half off within a couple hundred miles it would be woth a road trip. Maybe Ken would split the gas with me.

NETWREKR said:
Went to the depot this mornin and the sign read "50% off GAS fireplaces and heaters, ELECTRIC heaters and wood accesories( stove tools and wood holders etc..) Alas no joy to be had. Maybe they're watching this site :gulp: And they know we're waiting.. THEY KNOW!!

Well certainly a wood stove qualifies as a "wood accessory" and a "wood holder". :)

Ken

I found mine a few weeks back in a Lowes in central PA for 50% off. Bought the Englander 30 (Summers Heat 30). 549.50. Found it in stock by checking the Lowes website, which actually listed it in stock and had the price in the web. Drove 70 miles one way to get it, because the local Home Depots (several) would not price match. The HD stores still have them on their floors and are now marking down a little at a time. At 799 as of today.

I love my new stove, long burn times and cranks out the heat. my heat hasn't kicked on since I started running it and I no longer have to get up during the night to feed the stove. Good luck finding one, they are out there.

I was at both a Lowe's and a Home Depot in South Shore Mass area and the lawn mowers are out and the stoves are either all sold or put away. No signs of a sale and no signs of anything but a couple of chimineas.

which store in central PA checked on line but the web says they are not in those stores?

I got mine from Lebanon. Pottsville was the last store to have one available and this was over a week ago. I'd guess that they are all gone by now, but it is worth checking. Home Depot still has a number of these stoves available but they are not nearly the deal, YET. They will continue to drop the price until they are gone. Newark, DE (glasgow store) has atleast 2 on the floor that they just marked down to 749 or 799.

you might call the main Lowes number and see if they can do a search for you.

BurnerMM said:

Its also annoying when you don't get a bonus...

CK-1 said:
BurnerMM said:

Its also annoying when you don't get a bonus...

Or a paycheck... :ahhh:

What's a bonus? Rick

BrotherBart said:
fossil said:
What's a bonus? Rick

Shore leave.

Ah...got it. Early liberty on Friday. Yeah, I got bonuses from time to time. :lol: Rick

Stopped by my local Lowes again today. They now have 12 stoves (6 wood and 6 pellet) cluttering up the middle of the lawn and garden aisle. Again the dept mgr said they no longer considered them a seasonal item and he did not expect them to be discounted. Of course, he did admit that he could not recall the last time they sold one ("possibly December"). Given the lack of foot traffic or interest I can't believe they are not gone move these things out at a clearance. It would be like Kohl's not putting on a winter coat clearance and instead holding them over for next year.

I haven't followed along with this thread, but I have a summers heat 50-SFP12LC (that's their 1,000sq ft model) sitting in my living room ready for me to put the legs on it and purchase the rest of the system (chimney liner, insulation, etc etc).

I walked out of the store with it for 350 + tax and then my coupon for 10% off came in the email so I can just go back into the store and get another 35% off. they were out of the larger 50-13 model, but that's the one I really wanted. I'll wait until next year to try! I'm glad I was so diligent with checking on their 50% off sale!!!!

I'm thinking that if your lowes carries them and they aren't on sale RIGHT NOW, then they won't ever be. The summer's heat version of the New Englander 13 was listed at just under 400 bucks at lowes and I thought I was going to get one because the computer said they had one in stock. Turns out they had a defective one sitting in the back to be returned. So, alas, I got the smaller cheaper stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.