LP Room heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
My friend is looking to heat a bedroom and adjoining bath.Approx.300 sq ft.total...he had a non vented LP unit in there for one season and did not like it and pulled it...he asked me about vented units....I don't have a clue so I am here asking....he wants a ultra safe reliable unit....does not need bells and whistles....money is not a problem.....any suggestions for him?

Tell him to go to his local hearthshop. There are many models to choose from & many different styles.
For getting the best information, he should let the sales rep know how old & how "tight" his home is &
how well insulated it is, as well.

Direct ignition units are usually much more efficient,such as Rinnai,but pilot ignition usually much cheaper.I am a fan of Empire direct vent units,long proven dependability,easy to find parts,easy to install.

Thank you for the replies...