New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) MA(Dartmouth & Taunton) HD follows Lowes Price Increase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrr211

Aug 24, 2013
Massachusetts
Well, it seems as if HD has gone to the dark side as well. Today around 7:30AM I went to the Dartmouth location and they had AWF and Nation's Choice in stock. Sign in front said $5.19 a bag up $.21 or about 4.3%. I thought well at least it's a little more reasonable than the ridiculous increase at Lowe's(I'll buy from my dealer before I buy from Lowe's after their Shenanigans).

I have not had great results with the bags of Nation's Choice and read decent reviews on the AWF so I grabbed 20 bags. I get to the register and it rings $5.58 a bag!! I told her what the sign said and she said yea they told us it went up to them. So she did the price adjustment of just under $8.

I don't know if the sign was wrong and they will be charging $5.58 a bag but if they do, my dealer will be getting my business instead. He is offering a ton at $270 delivered. I'll be damned if the Big Box stores will get my business if I can help the small businesses offering the product for roughly the same price!! I called Taunton and the Lawn and Garden associate said their price went up too.

Reactions: Peterfield
Ok so got to the bottom of things. Regular premium hardwoods are now $5.19/bag. The AWF I purchased we the Ultra premium pine softwood pellets. My neighbor went and purchased a ton and the manager figured out the mishap and put up new signs.
They will be selling these as their Ultra Premium brand.
So I guess I got lucky with getting these for the lower price. I will take a picture and post when I have a chance. Anybody burn these previously?
Thanks

With the price increases at HD & Lowes, is there a different or better pellet option that I should consider in the Taunton area? Last year I burned Green Supreme and I was happy with them for the price.

Ok so got to the bottom of things. Regular premium hardwoods are now $5.19/bag. The AWF I purchased we the Ultra premium pine softwood pellets. My neighbor went and purchased a ton and the manager figured out the mishap and put up new signs.
They will be selling these as their Ultra Premium brand.
So I guess I got lucky with getting these for the lower price. I will take a picture and post when I have a chance. Anybody burn these previously?
Thanks

MrDD
I bought a ton of Stove Chow from Taunton HD last week for $239. IMO they are slightly hotter than the green supreme but close in all other areas. Also they had Fireside Ultras about 3-4 weeks ago and they are a pretty good choice as well.
The price per bag are $5.19 so cheaper than what the green Supreme is at Lowes. Hope that helps.

Well, it seems as if HD has gone to the dark side as well. Today around 7:30AM I went to the Dartmouth location and they had AWF and Nation's Choice in stock. Sign in front said $5.19 a bag up $.21 or about 4.3%. I thought well at least it's a little more reasonable than the ridiculous increase at Lowe's(I'll buy from my dealer before I buy from Lowe's after their Shenanigans).

I have not had great results with the bags of Nation's Choice and read decent reviews on the AWF so I grabbed 20 bags. I get to the register and it rings $5.58 a bag!! I told her what the sign said and she said yea they told us it went up to them. So she did the price adjustment of just under $8.

I don't know if the sign was wrong and they will be charging $5.58 a bag but if they do, my dealer will be getting my business instead. He is offering a ton at $270 delivered. I'll be damned if the Big Box stores will get my business if I can help the small businesses offering the product for roughly the same price!! I called Taunton and the Lawn and Garden associate said their price went up too.
Who's your dealer? Looking for someone in that area.

Brenrn, I use Pellets r Us in Berkley or Acushnet Alternative Heat when they have stock. Acushnet is a little bit cheaper for delivery for me but they don't always have stock. Pellets R Us are very nice people and bailed me out of the shortage last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.