Magic Creosote Removing Powder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bster13

Minister of Fire
Feb 24, 2012
CT
http://www.amazon.com/Rutland-Creos...NCY/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

Great reviews I guess. It may work, but it may work in the extremes where idiots are burning green wood 24/7, not necessarily for responsible burners who burn clean anyway, not sure it would make a noticeable difference. Thoughts?

Also, they say never burn scrap painted wood stained, etc. and yet I'm going to put this chemical through my cat?

Just came across it and wondered is all, maybe someone has tested it out.

I wouldn't burn it in a either a Cat stove or a Tube stove, it has active ingredients that break down creosote, I am not sure what that would do to the materials in a cat or on the stainless steel of a stove.

I had tried it in my old non-epa stove years ago and it does work to help break down the creosote for when you clean the chimney, not sure what that would do to a liner.

I would run it with the cat bypassed. Make no mistake that the stuff DOES NOT replace a good brushing. What it can do for you is to dry up some of that oily gunky mess that is difficult to sweep. It chemically alters the state of creo making it easier to remove during a brushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.