Making progress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Well ive been splitting like crazy and getting stocked up on the oak for sure!.! But i just started advertising 2 days ago and i have 3 cords of the ash and maple sold which will probably knock the pile down pretty good. So im pretty excited to load the trailer up and collect some good hard earned cash.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 569
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 518
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 569
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 540
Also have another guy that wants to buy the chunk wood off me for his outdoor boiler. so that will solve that problem of what i am going to do with all those uglies. lol. so things are looking up.

If it keeps on going that fast you'll be out of wood, nice job.

zap

zapny said:
If it keeps on going that fast you'll be out of wood, nice job.

zap
thats the plan. I have more wood to get. And need more room. Lol. My goal would be to rent s small lot somewhere someday. Play it by ear and see what happens.

Keep saws turning and splitter going up and down.....Make it do what it do! :coolsmile:

ecocavalier02 said:
My goal would be to rent s small lot somewhere someday.

The air space above what you own is a lot cheaper ;-)

Nice going eco. I hope this works out well for you.

SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:

very true.

so what are you getting for a cord of wood?

ecocavalier02 said:
SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:

very true.

Not sure why but I have seen a bunch of elevators this year listed for not a lot of money. Maybe they are all junk but the idea of tossing the splits on top of a monster heap with little effort is pretty appealing.

SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:
SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:

very true.

Not sure why but I have seen a bunch of elevators this year listed for not a lot of money. Maybe they are all junk but the idea of tossing the splits on top of a monster heap with little effort is pretty appealing.

Hay elevators are cheap and fairly easy to come by around here, but you need PTO to run it. If they can lift an 80 lb bale they can move firewood. If you don't have a tractor you may be able to re-gear and run it with a horizontal shaft engine. Just a thought.

lukem said:
SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:
SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:

very true.

Hay elevators are cheap and fairly easy to come by around here, but you need PTO to run it. If they can lift an 80 lb bale they can move firewood. If you don't have a tractor you may be able to re-gear and run it with a horizontal shaft engine. Just a thought.

Guess the round bales killed off hay hauling, hay barns, and hay elevators everywhere.

JimboM said:
lukem said:
SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:
SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02" date="1309328243 said:

very true.

Guess the round bales killed off hay hauling, hay barns, and hay elevators everywhere.

Some guys around here still bail the small ones , but use a bail wagon to pick up and stack. The hay barns don't have lofts you just set it on the floore with the bail wagon. thus eleminating the elevator.

Nice work, eco! :coolsmile:

woodsmaster said:
The hay barns don't have lofts you just set it on the floore with the bail wagon. thus eleminating the elevator.
I spent many an hour in a hot, dusty loft stacking hay... :)

lukem said:
SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:
SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:

very true.

Shouldn't be hard to find an elevator powered by an electric motor. Where I come from almost no-one used PTO for the elevator.
A movable elevator could make a big winrow almost as easy as a giant heap & still have some drying happening.

Woody Stover said:
Nice work, eco! :coolsmile:

woodsmaster said:
The hay barns don't have lofts you just set it on the floore with the bail wagon. thus eleminating the elevator.
I spent many an hour in a hot, dusty loft stacking hay... :)

Same here, let the new guy know where the milk barn is and that stuff on top is Ice old cream better drink up before he fires that tractor up! ;-P Never failed 10mins tops............ :cheese:

Heck, I'm still stacking hay in the barn. At least this year we got it filled before the really hot temps arrived...seems in recent past we picked the hottest and most humid day of the year to unload the wagons. It's still good exercise but at this age it's getting less "enjoyable"...was running a CL ad thru my head while stacking last week to get a young'un here to do hay next year!
Our elevator is electric...will pull up 60+ lb bales with no problem.

I just tallied my wood stacks and near 10 cords. I know I could make a few bucks by departing with a few but I just can't bring myself to do it :) I'm even stopping by to check out another CL lead on the way home and still have almost 2 cords yet to split/stack. Helluva addiction!

jimosufan said:
so what are you getting for a cord of wood?
im selling it green. and for the maple and mixed hardwoods gettin 175 a cord. for the oak 195. half cord of oak 100. and half of maple 90. just made another sale today for a half cord of oak its a little drive so im getting 130 for it.

SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:
SolarAndWood said:
ecocavalier02 said:

very true.

after splitting for an hour the elavator would be nice. throwing the split 10 to 12 feet in there air can be tiring. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.