Marco Fireplace Brickliners?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbeagan

Sep 12, 2007
www.hormonalhappiness.com
Ok, I already know that Marco went out of business, but my fireplace hasn't! Well, ok, I guess it has now since I can't find any replacement brickliner for it. Can anyone recommend anything? Is there anyone out there that sells old replacement parts from companies who have gone out of business? I can't live without my fireplace and I need brickliners. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open for suggestions. Can anything be used as a substitute? It's starting to get cool here in Indiana and I'm getting close to wanting to build a fire without burning my house down.

Thanks!
Rhonda

I think Elk has explained how to make your own using refractory cement. Do a search under "elkimmig" (no quotes). It sounds pretty easy to do. Good luck, KD

Search on this forum for elkimmig under user name

Ok I clicked on the link and read the thread and from what I can get out of it, it is basically talking about making single bricks. Am I not correct, or did I read it wrong? I'm not wanting the single bricks like what's in wood burning stoves, I need the full brick panels to line the inside of the firebox of the fireplace. If we made our own as mentioned in the above thread, is that safe for a fireplace in a manufactured home?

rbeagan said:
Ok I clicked on the link and read the thread and from what I can get out of it, it is basically talking about making single bricks. Am I not correct, or did I read it wrong? I'm not wanting the single bricks like what's in wood burning stoves, I need the full brick panels to line the inside of the firebox of the fireplace. If we made our own as mentioned in the above thread, is that safe for a fireplace in a manufactured home?

The link i gave show the firebrick in sheets and sizes
at the bottom of this page
brick panels

Do a thorough search yourself. You can make more than "a brick" with it. I gave you some basic info to help you find out for yourself or go buy the $100 sheets. You asked for suggestions and substitutes. Make a "brick" the size of the panel you are trying to replace. Use plywood and some 1x2's for the mold. KD

kd460 said:
Do a thorough search yourself. You can make more than "a brick" with it. I gave you some basic info to help you find out for yourself or go buy the $100 sheets. You asked for suggestions and substitutes. Make a "brick" the size of the panel you are trying to replace. Use plywood and some 1x2's for the mold. KD

Ok, I gotcha. I tried emailing the ones that sold the panels, but the emails came back, so I'll be calling them instead. Thanks for your help KD and everyone, I do appreciate it.

Rhonda

Contact your local Lennox fireplace dealer. They can get refratories for Marco FPs up to 18 years old. Come in full kit only, 2 sides, rear & bottom, probably around $475 for the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.