May 24,2023 Fire In The Hole

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
The oil burner (paid $3.65 a gallon in February) has been running the past 2 nights / early mornings.... 40F here in Icy Hollow in the AM the past 2 days, and yet again, tomorrow AM :mad:

IMG_0890.jpg

Reactions: thewoodlands
Is that your latest burn of the year in the Pacific?

Last edited:
Is that your latest burn?

Pretty much. I have burned the PE with the window AC's in, rarely. They aren't in yet.

PS- everything is working fine, fan kicking on, temp sensor on the job ;) ❤️‍🔥

I got the wood off the covered deck a few weeks ago. And needed it the next night. I'm just to lazy to go get 4/5 splits and make a fire. Just turn on the electric baseboard.

Just toss a second blanket on the bed and save the oil

Reactions: Dix and Wildflush
I got the wood off the covered deck a few weeks ago. And needed it the next night. I'm just to lazy to go get 4/5 splits and make a fire. Just turn on the electric baseboard.
What ever firewood I bring inside, stays inside. I always have a week in the house.