Measuring and Displaying Temperatures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty, What do you mean by "plugging into my system"? I'm assuming you built some type of x300 script or something to produce that terrific data display. Are you meaning to share the script or we ship data to your application. Confused but sure like the display.

pm me if anyone has their x300 live on the web
that is in fact my very next hurdle! right now i am on a dedicated laptop and cannot for the life of me get it to work any other way. any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Well, so the first step is getting your x300 'out there on the internet' I should be able to help those of you who don't have that, the controlbyweb help is pretty good too.

Second, once the x300 is available to the internet, my site can parse its data log just like it does with my own x300 unit. so, you'd go to a URL like : http://x300.ddns.net/?site=tennman.ddns.net and you would get the same display, just using the data from your x300

I think I get it. Our data would be "picked up" by your site when we logged in and display the data of "?site=tennman.ddns.net"??? Probably pretty obvious I'm NOT a web designer. Once the data is "out there" it sounds like you'd need to build dedicated links for a bunch of us forum guys to link our IP address to your display. Sounds like making potentially a lot work for yourself. Am I close ;em

Thats basically it. I designed it with this in mind (being used by other people). I spent a decent amount of time on it and figured its probably something other folks would want. The graphing is the main added feature obviously. So what my site does behind the scenes is read your x300's log.txt file every 5 minutes and writes it into a database which can be easily queried by the interface of the site. I'd just need little configuration files for each of you, scripts do the rest.

Reactions: Coal Reaper
Got it. A week's worth of data would still be small and you'd have a point where old data goes in the trash. Pretty cool. I'll be watching. The guys who are up now should find your "hobby" pretty attractive. I need to get the powerline network working in the barn before the x300 then we'll chat. Right now running with CAT5 laying in the yard. You might be a geeky redneck if........

Reactions: Coal Reaper
Got the measuring on my flu gas working now.::C :)
Capture.JPG

That's interesting. Does the same temp sensor that gives you those readings, also control your boiler fan & pump stops & starts? Looks like the same brand as my flue gas stat (Rokgas). I think.

So for everyone using a x300 or similar ... do you mount all the temp sensors the same way? Do you use full immersion wells or strap them to your supply/return pipes? Or both?

Any tips for placement of the sensors?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.