MMMMMM.......more wood! I must have no life.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fattyfat1

Nov 8, 2008
SW WASHINGTON
cause this is my idea of fun. last weekends efforts. my woodshed is already full, but if it's free, I can't turn it down. guess I'll start stacking along my fencelines. It's all Alder and Maple.......

Attachments

• firewood.jpg
    firewood.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 946
here's the load from 2 weeks ago. still haven't put it up yet! free from a friend who is cleaning up the edges of his 1/2 mile long drive. this is only half. still gotta go get the other half. It's all maple.....

Attachments

• firewood 2.jpg
    firewood 2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 862
Wood is like money and good looks. You can never have too much of either. Somehow, I got screwed out of all three.

I am downright jealous.

Too funny!! You sound a lot like me and my obsession with free hardwood, I spent last Sunday in the rain and snow to get 4 truckloads (overloaded) to my house before other people found out about the score..

Too bad you live on the oppisite side of the country or I would ask to borrow your log splitter! LOL..

J-Man said:
I am downright jealous.

no man said:
Yep some wood burners have all the luck.

Yup.
I'm a newbie scrounger and was so proud of myself for filling my Explorer to wheelie mode with Ash
that a tree company cut in front of where I work. Nothing over 8" diameter, mostly 4-6". What the heck. It'll burn.
I think the tree guys had a good laugh at me. I was glad they chopped it to 4'-6' long so I didn't
have to take out my Ryobi 18v and cut with it in front of them. LOL !

I think its like an addiction , i just have to have that wood ! Especialy whe its free ! Iam the same way LOL . I'll post some pics of my recent freebie piles !

Woodcrib said:
I think its like an addiction , i just have to have that wood ! Especialy whe its free ! Iam the same way LOL . I'll post some pics of my recent freebie piles !

please do! I'd love to see :)

A sickness indeed. They're planning to widen a road close by and I'm already salivating at the prospect of the trees they'll remove.

I'm addicted too. I find myself feeling protective and paranoid about wood sitting there between time I see it and get back with my saw. I always catch myself and say there's no hurry it'll be there. But a lot of times someone else comes up too so I guess my hording feeling really is justified. I just feel like a prisoner eating my tray of food with an arm around it waiting to stab anyone who looks at it. Silly feeling but necessary most of the time. ps... good score y'all!

FREE IS GOOD check this Mapel out. I got my 16' trailer loaded up twice and the tree service guy followed me home with a load he placed some big chunks with the cherry-picker. Eat your heart out guys.

600x450PIC_0478.jpg

awoodman said:
FREE IS GOOD check this Mapel out. I got my 16' trailer loaded up twice and the tree service guy followed me home with a load he placed some big chunks with the cherry-picker. Eat your heart out guys.

600x450PIC_0478.jpg

Damn, that will keep you busy!

There is a large clearing I pass every day to work, that was once a landing area for wood harvesting and they left huge brush piles there from the delimbing. Afterwards, homeowners and tree service companies started dumping all their wood there as well. The land owner had to get someone with a dozer to push it all back but people just kept dumping more so he put up a chain at the entrance. They still dump there only now it's a lot closer to the road. I've never ever seen anyone salvage any of it, just add to it.

I have serious wood envy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.