Mom Needs Help! Pellet Delivery in Gresham-Sandy, OR Area?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levamealone

Mar 29, 2011
Lakes Region, NH
My Mom is in Boring, OR, yes for those that are not from Oregon, there is a town named Boring!
I am in NH and unable to help her with her pellet delivery. Her current source for pellets will not do any
off loading of the pallet? WoodPellets.com does not service her area. So she has to off load the
pellets a ton at a time when they deliver! My internet search has not found me a retailer that delivers.

Anyone out there in Oregon know of a pellet delivery service she could use that would off load the
pallet into her garage?

Thanks for your input! Leva

Levamealone said:
My Mom is in Boring, OR, yes for those that are not from Oregon, there is a town named Boring!
I am in NH and unable to help her with her pellet delivery. Her current source for pellets will not do any
off loading of the pallet? WoodPellets.com does not service her area. So she has to off load the
pellets a ton at a time when they deliver! My internet search has not found me a retailer that delivers.

Anyone out there in Oregon know of a pellet delivery service she could use that would off load the
pallet into her garage?

Thanks for your input! Leva

this isnt really help, but what about a local teenager? Pay him (or her!) to carry them in from the skid to the garage, whereever they need to go.

We deliver pellets as well, but cant really stack them for folks where they want them. We unload with a Moffett lift, often being able to put them where they go or in very close proximity, but, in the case of a garage, due to the height of the doors, we cant get the lift inside, but can usually push far enough into the garage so the owner can get the doors closed.

As to WHY we dont do it....it takes too long, and is hard on the driver, and might ultimately result in workmen's comp issues. Our drivers, on a good day, will deliver 56 tons of pellets. I shudder to think of how much they could deliver if they had to hump pellets to wherever the owner needed them. I dont know of many guys who can hand load that much tonnage in a day.

Flame on.

Very good idea.

There are always teenagers in the area and they always like $$$$ in their pockets.

Have mom contact someone through her church if she has one and get a Kid or two to do the offloading.

I would suggest Craigs list BUTTTTT one needs to be careful there so you dont end up with someone trying to pull something.

Good luck

Snowy

Does not have be a teenager, lots of people looking for cash jobs.

If they can be off loaded somewhere safe and tarped then you have all summer to get them moved.

Still need helP!

Great ideas, but the problem she has is that the pellet delivery does not remove the pallet from the delivery truck! She has to have a work force
there when they deliver to unloan the pellets from the pallet on the truck. It would be great if someone would deliver the pallet to her
garage entry area and she would move them a little at a time. She can get help (church) if the work can wait until the help is available.

Anyone use a more friendly pellet delivery source in her area (Gresham, Sandy Oregon area)?

If she can't get somebody to help, my suggestion is to get a new pellet supplier. I thought they all brought forklifts or at least got the pallet off the truck for you? Even HD and Lowes will deliver, so why does she have to use a supplier that won't? How many ton is she getting? I've been burning Blazers from Home Depot and I think they said they would deliver for something like $85 for multiple tons. So, there is a supplier for you. Lowes is another one. You need to start searching for feed and grain stores. Start calling them to see if they sell pellets.
Flynfrfun

Here is what I'm finding near Boring...

-Mt. Scott Fuel Co. www.mtscottfuel.com
-Boring Bark www.boringbark.com
-Bear Mtn. Probably THE hottest and cleanest burning pellet. Email them and they can give you a list of suppliers in her area. www.bmfp.com
-Home Depot @ 9300 SE 82ND Street, Portland, OR
-Lowes @ 13631 Southeast Johnson Road, Milwaukie

Well, I found you a few. If you still have problems, search for several stove shops around the area and call them for advice.
Flynfrfun

Status
Not open for further replies.