Morso 1b

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cstewart1

Feb 10, 2021
Lexington Ky
I am curious if it is possible to have a glass door installed on a Morso 1b. Would the 2b with the glass fit these stoves? Also any information whatsoever on this model would be great! Can’t find much on the them. Thanks!

Here is an old thread that discusses this stove. I don't think the door can be swapped. Even if it was the same size (not sure on that) the door is fitted precisely at the factory for a close to airtight fit.

The older Morso stoves had a machined door interface I believe. The new ones, like the 2b classic in our living room, have gaskets on the doors and everywhere else.

Reactions: Cstewart1
I had a Morso1bo and it had a gravity latch system to hold the door shut, the newer 2b has a mechanical latch so I don’t think it would work. Perhaps you could have your door retrofitted With glass.

Last edited:
I had a Morso1bo and it had a gravity latch system to hold the door shut, the newer 2b has a mechanical latch so I don’t think it would work. Perhaps you could have your door retrofitted With glass.
Thank you I was curious if it could be done. You wouldn’t happen to have a manual? I contacted Morsø and was told everything pre 1990 was sent to a museum and they don’t have access to it they only sent me a picture of the stove a lot of help they were haha. But anything at all you could tell me about the 1b would be very much appreciated

Unfortunately, Morso no longer has the old manual posted. There are some good older threads on this stove. Do a search on Morso 1B in this forum, titles only.

For clearances, this very old thread lists them.

Your best bet may be just to install as an unlisted stove according to NFPA guidance. That would require 36" clearance in all directions. This can be reduced to 12" with a proper, ventilated, NFPA 211 wall shield. The hearth should extend to the wall behind the stove and 16" in front, 8" to each side. It should have an insulation value of R= 1.19.

Thank you I was curious if it could be done. You wouldn’t happen to have a manual? I contacted Morsø and was told everything pre 1990 was sent to a museum and they don’t have access to it they only sent me a picture of the stove a lot of help they were haha. But anything at all you could tell me about the 1b would be very much appreciated
Hi, I loved my old Morso and it burned nice and clean! Woodmans parts plus still makes the interior heat shields id you should ever need one. It definitely put out plenty of heat too! Enjoy it!

Okay fellas I been doing some scouting around and here’s what I’ve found as far as doors are concerned the first photo is my stove a 1b the third is a 2b same door then there’s an obviously older 1b with a similar door but somewhat different

Attachments

• 6DDC1830-668B-4742-B137-197797E4A548.jpeg
    6DDC1830-668B-4742-B137-197797E4A548.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 555
  • D85E380A-27D7-4050-91EF-56C55414CFBC.png
    D85E380A-27D7-4050-91EF-56C55414CFBC.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 74022498-2F41-46F7-B28B-8F16DF9D4972.png
    74022498-2F41-46F7-B28B-8F16DF9D4972.png
    434.4 KB · Views: 566
Morso Handbook is in this link.

Thank you what beautiful tile work you have and that Morso looks like one of those old fashion desks that people had..Thanks..clancey