Morso 3450 - Gasket size for door ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CincyBurner

Minister of Fire
Mar 10, 2015
SW Ohio
While back home with the family for Christmas we noticed that my dad's Morso 3450 is drawing too much air while primary is shut down, and figured the gaskets are worn.
We looked in the manual for 3400 series and it suggests contacting the local Morso dealership to order the appropriate sized gasket, but it doesn't reference the size.
We contacted dealership - they they didn't know size but did send links to rocky mountain stoves, and to woodland stoves.

Looking online it appears that Morso sells kits in 6, 8, 10, and 12 mm diameters.

Does anyone know the gasket/seal diameter (and length) for the door ?
Any reason we should stick with Morso, if we can find the correct size locally or online ?
Thanks.

Odd that Morso does not list the gasket in the parts list. The mention a ceramic door gasket in the maintenance, but no spec. I would get this from a Morso dealer that knows their stoves well and stocks Morso gasket. Send an email to: [email protected] and explain the situation. Ask them to refer you to a dealer that stocks the part or to mail you the gasket directly.

Thanks begreen. Pat PM'd me. He said correct gasket size is 8mm (or about 3/8").
So a Rutland kit with 7' long gasket will be long enough.